age

WHY LIP LINERS WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE

Saturday, 9 July 2016



From top to bottom:
MAC Whirl
NYX Sugar Glass
Kylie Lip Kit in Candy K
MAC Spice
MAC Stone

I don't know what I did before lip liner. When the whole Kylie-Jenner-lip-obsession-thing happened everyone was trying to replicate the look by over lining the shape of their lips with lip liner and matte lipsticks, and nowadays the lip liner trend is in full swing and here to stay.
I think the main advantages of lip liner over lipstick is that it's far easier and more precise to apply, not just for outlining the lips but filling them in as well. Also the colour is more opaque and lasts a lot longer because it usually doesn't smudge at all through out the day.
I've chosen to show you a few of my favourites, starting with MAC whirl as it's my absolute favourite. It's plummy tone looks amazing for the day but also the night, as it makes your lips look plump and dramatic. Next is this nude by NYX and I'm really impressed with this affordable brand, it feels really creamy and applies effortlessly. I also love Kylies own version, in the shade Candy K as it's a perfect pinky nude that has an amazingly smooth formula. Another couple of favourites are from MAC in the shades Spice (orangey brown) and Stone which is this beautiful unique brown grey that is great to layer under other shades to make them look darker which I think looks great on everybody.

Really hope you guys enjoyed the post, let me know what your favourite lip liner is! Please give my blog a follow so I can check out yours too!


3 comments:

Georgia. said...

I'm so with you on the lip liner front in changing the way you use lip products. Having been unable to hunt down whirl at my local mac, I looked up dupes online instead and found the 'essence' lip liners v. similar in quality and colour. (Plus they're only a £1! :')

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

alice bea said...

Thanks for the tip!

Hekyma _ said...

I love this post ! I'm also addicted to lip liners from MAC especially "CORK" ! I wear this one all the time with my Colourpop matte lipsticks :)

WWW.HEKYMA.COM