age

MY FIRST YEAR OF UNIVERSITY

Monday, 18 July 2016



So I finished my first year of university, which is still crazy to say. The year went so fast! I lot of it was enjoyable, and some of it not so much, so I thought I'd do a little update post to let you guys know all about it. Also if you're starting your first year in September there may be a few tips here!

So beginning back at Freshers Week, when my dad left me in my new room its fair to say I was terrified. It was such a weird feeling to be in a new place and I felt so alone even though I was in a building full of people, however the week actually turned out to be amazing. I gradually started to meet new people and went on loads of nights out (yeah I don't know how my body took that much alcohol) so when the week was over I felt really comfortable and was looking forward to starting the year.

The next couple of months were quite challenging. The first modules I had were not what I was expecting as there was a lot of emphasis on group work and creative writing and I felt like there wasn't a balance, so for a while I felt very unenthusiastic. By Christmas I was feeling very down as the course wasn't feeling right and I wasn't enjoying myself, but I really wanted to see out the year and see if it improved.

After the break the course improved and we got better modules that were really interesting and I was learning new things, so I was feeling better! I also wrote something for The Knowledge and got really lovely feedback, and then I also got published in the INK Journal! Over the last six months I began to feel really accomplished, so now I'm really looking to second year!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post, let me know your experiences of university!

Please give my blog a follow so I can check out yours too!





4 comments:

Jemma said...

I've just finished my first year too- congrats to us!
I'm glad you have had a good time overall and are looking forward to next year
xx
adrugstoreaddiction.com

Monochrome Roses said...

congrats on your first year lovely! I'm so glad you had a good time overall <3 your blog is so fab x

http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

Liz Nguyen said...

I can totally feel you. I'm about to finish my first year in university too :)

Liz
www.liznroad.com

Cara E said...

Congrats on finishing first year lovely! I relate to this post a lot, I was terrified when I was dropped off at uni but I made friends surprisingly fast and ended up having one of the best years ever! x
www.britishmermaid.com