age

Last Summer...

Saturday, 27 February 2016




 
Capri, Amsterdam and Gran Canaria.

Sometimes, you just can't help reminiscing. This week was the deadline for my University's creative writing magazine submissions, and I knew I really wanted to submit a piece that I could be proud of. The theme was 'New beginnings' for this issue, and you could write poetry, fiction or non fiction on anything from love, travel,  and culture. I immediately thought back to my time in Italy as I saw and experienced so many things but for some reason have never written about it.
Something that always stuck in my mind was the train journey from Sorrento to Rome as we passed by so many breathtaking scenes like mountains and fields of wild flowers, we barely talked through the whole journey as we were just staring out the window the whole time. One of the most incredible sights was the lemon groves that stretched over miles of land, I've never seen so much yellow! It was so beautiful, bright and fresh and I've just never forgotten it.
When I was writing the piece I couldn't help but think back to all the other trips I took last year and how perfect they all were. Nothing compares to exploring somewhere you've never been before and I can't wait to do it again.






 
Amsterdam, Rome.

Photos and words by me.

3 comments:

Bee. said...

So many beautiful places. Hope your submission writing went well :)

Isabel Robertson said...

Beautiful photos! I love your blog!

xx Isabel
http://bellasfashionjournal.com

Cara E said...

Wow you went to so many gorgeous places! Jealous xx www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk