age

Green Smoothie Recipe

Wednesday, 4 February 2015






Green smoothies seemed to have taken over the internet lately. From instagram to Youtube, you can't escape from them, and for a while I could only think of one thing. Ew.
But I decided to give it a try, and by combining a few ingredients from different recipes I think I've actually found a way to make green taste good.

What you'll need:

Handful of curly kale
Handful of spinach
One apple
Half a Banana
Portion of cucumber
Handful of frozen pineapple and mango
Water

Its so easy, just cut up everything and then shove it in a blender! One tip that I would give is to add frozen fruit because it will keep your smoothie cold, and your fruit will stay fresh for longer. I also prefer to take the skin of the apple as it gives the smoothie a better texture. Lots of people also seem to be using coconut water, but water seems to work just as well!
This recipe is enough to either make two smoothies or a single giant one, so you don't need to alter the amounts if you want to make more than one.

Thanks for reading, and I hope I made these smoothies sound a bit more appealing!

5 comments:

Erin and Katherine said...

Try freezing the peeled bananas first before adding them - they act like ice cubes but also become kind of creamy... Hard to explain :) Great post!

Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

Rebecca Turner said...

will have to try this. looks lovely :)
Rebecca // rebeccamariee.blogspot.com xx

Fasheauty UK said...

ahh thanks for the tip Erin!
I'll try that out

Good post - wil be trying this out

UK High Street Fashion Blog
www.fasheauty.com

Kyra Ella said...

Tried it myself, was so delicious!! By the way I love your blog xxx

www.leanakyra.blogspot.com

hnnhvnbls said...

i never have the confidence to make smoothies just because i don't want it to taste awful, might give this a try though it looks really good

www.hnnhvnbls.blogspot.com