age

BOOKS- The Fault In Our Stars

Saturday, 9 August 2014



Yes I jumped on the very busy bandwagon.
I was prepared to really dislike this book as when something like this gets 'hyped-up' to the extremity this did, I usually can never live up to your expectations.
And at first, I thought I was right. It took a while to adjust to John Greens writing style as the narration seems to go from usual teenage slang to middle-aged writer profundity. In the same sentence.
However, when you get deeper into the novel and get to know the characters, you can't help but keep reading. This book is addictive when you get going, and I had to read the last 150 pages in one sitting. In a public place where I couldn't cry. Not a wise move.
I really enjoyed reading the fault in our stars and now I fully understand what seemly everyone on the planet was talking about.
So if you do sit down to read this, don't judge the book on it's hype. Judge it based on what is, a novel that will truly make you laugh and cry.

4 comments:

Georgie ジョージ said...

I still haven't read it yet, think I may have to give in soon! xx

☾ Liquorice Pearls ☾

Antonella said...

Nice post,dear!
Keep in touch xoxo
Antonella!

Holl JC said...

Such a great review Alice. I left this book on my shelf for a good year before reading it because of all the hype, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it! x

holljc.blogspot.co.uk

Aimee said...

Fab post doll, the book sounds really interesting :)x

The Belle Narrative