age

BOOKS- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Saturday, 12 July 2014


One mistake I made when reading this book, I saw the film first. It turns out the film is a very accurate adaptation of the book, which while this is good, I did already know the plot and shocking truth the story contains, which probably hindered my surprise that I should of felt if I had of discovered it for the first time!
Never the less, this is a fantastic read. It centres around a group of friends, Kathy, Ruth and Tommy, and their upbringing in Hailsham, a strange place that resembles something like a boarding school. We also meet them in their young adulthood, where the truth of their lives and purposes unfold. I don't want to ruin it as it is such an amazing and original concept that you need to discover it for yourself! It makes you think and question everything about your own life and humanity in general, as you are forced to look at how we treat life, and how precious it is. Imagine if you found out your existence had been planned out from when you were born, and you had a specific purpose you had to follow. How would you react?
This is such a great book with uplifting and devastating moments that are sometimes hard to take.

2 comments:

Magenta SW said...

I love your blog! Especially the fact that you quoted Lana Del Rey lyrics in one of your posts a while back! I really love her!

AnnCates said...

You posted this at the perfect time, because I was just about to go hunting for the perfect book.
Much Love, AnnCates xx
anncates.blogspot.com