age

Books- Favourites 'Notes on a Scandal'

Wednesday, 2 July 2014


Todays book review is on Notes on a Scandal by Zoe Heller, a book I loved reading so much I choose to use it for my English Literature coursework (which I got an A in *hint hint*). It is centred around Barbara a lonely older teacher who becomes friends with Sheba, a new teacher who has just arrived and Barbara develops a severe obsession over her. When Sheba has an affair with a student, Barbara now has an opportunity to control Sheba's every move.
This book is such an amazing read, not only for the drama-filled plot line but also for Barbara's twistedly funny and crazy narration. As all the events in the novel are filtered through her view point we see Barbara's obsession grow and become even more dangerous. Heller builds her characters so well, especially by describing Barbara's intense loneliness which is what led to her infatuation.
I've watched the film so many times also as it stays very close to the book, it's an amazing fiction with characters that you hate but love reading about, which are always the best kind!

I'd also like to thank everyone for their lovely comments on my last post!

5 comments:

Anesu Kashora said...

Sounds like an interesting book! I might just have to read it! Xx

Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

Christina Langner said...

I've never heard of the author but the describtion sounds really interesting!

Much love xxx
CHRISTINANISTA.COM

Anna Clarke said...

I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but that book is SO pretty *hearts for eyes emoji*
Almsee x

Jennifer Agwunobi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Agwunobi said...

I really need to get back into reading again!

UK fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger | bootyfurl.co.uk

Subscribe to me on YouTube | youtube.com/bootyfurl